Thursday, January 11, 2007

Fantasy NBA Part 2

I've lost my #1 ranking last week due to injuries to Yao Ming and Brevin Knight. Now, another blow has been dealt to my team with Redd's injury. He'll be out at least 6 weeks due to a tear in his patellar tendon. With Yao, Redd, and Knight out because of injuries for a number of weeks, I don't think i'll even make the fantasy playoffs. And, even if I manage to reach the fantasy playoffs, I don't think my other players can hold it. I still have Bogut and Okafor. And thank god for Deng who has been on a tear lately, as well as Mutombo who gets a few rebounds in place of Yao. But other than that, my roster is still filled with mediocre players who rarely gets 10+ points a game. With my three top players out, i'm losing more than 60 points, more than 10 to 15 boards, and around 10 to 15 assists a week. Not to mention the threes, free throws made, steals, and blocks.

But I have to admit, the real Miami Heat team is in more of a mess right now than my fantasy roster. Shaq is still out. Wade is still recovering from a freak hand injury. Walker and Posey are suspended because they didn't meet the team goals for body fat percentage. Riles is in an indefinite leave of absence because of health reasons. Doubters are suddenly everywhere. Some are even thinking Miami might not make it to the playoffs. I guess we'll see. I still have faith in them though. Health is a very big factor for an aging team like Miami, but if they manage to stay at about 80% health from March and then make it in time for the playoffs, they still have a pretty decent chance of defending their championship and doing a repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment