Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Got New Ink



ALIBATA wrapped around my right arm just below the elbow:

Ma-I-De-I-Sa-Bi-O
Si-Da-Ha-Ta-Sa-Bi-O
So-Ni-Ya-Su-Sa-Bi-O

1. Tattooed once again by my good friend Engel Lucas.
2. The tattoo cost me Php 2,200 although Engel initially pegged it at around 3k because of difficulty and overall craftsmanship.
3. Up until the last moment, I was undecided on whether I'd be using ALIBATA or TENGWAR. (Note: Tengwar Script is the Lord of The Rings font used in the engravement in the One Ring.) I eventually decided on Alibata as it was the much safer choice - Alibata characters are easy to read, write, and understand. And the artist had a fairly good background on tattooing this ancient Filipino alphabet.
4. Here is an image of my original draft sent to the artist.
5. Here is an image of the Alibata characters arranged in sequence that was eventually used for the final stencil on my skin.
6. The PAIN was even greater this time. But I think since my body was already aware of what kind of pain was coming, I did not go into the a-few-seconds-before-passing-out level like last time. I did, however, shout/scream/grimace at every prick of the needle.
7. I'm thinking that this tattoo looks very raw and uncomplete. I am thinking of putting each line in a red-green-yellow band. Rasta colors. Perhaps in another three months or so.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good but I wouldn't have used fonts.

    ReplyDelete