Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wii: Guitar Hero

We got a Wii last month. The game that we have played the most? Guitar Hero: World Tour. I admit that I when I got the console, Guitar Hero or Rock Band wasn't even at the top of my games list. I was looking forward more to Wii Sports or Wii Play or even Wario Ware. Besides, the Wii package I got in Greenhills had a free Wii Guitar, so essentially, choosing Guitar Hero and Rock Band out of the free 25 games that came with it was almost automatic.

To tell you the truth, I wasn't really sure that I'd like the game. Given that I have a fairly basic knowledge of playing guitars and such, I wasn't really sure I'd enjoy hitting the colored keys on command - just like 02 Jam or Dance Dance Revolution. I was thinking this is just kids' stuff.

It was the first ever game I played in our Wii console. I was amazed with how much you can "rock out" on the guitar. Imagine yourself hitting the strum bar on the same riff and moving your fingers through the colored guitar keys like changing chords . Imagine doing this to "Are You Gonna Go My Way," "Everlong," "Beat It," "Spiderwebs," "Freak On A Leash," etc.. and my favorite: "Eye Of The Tiger" Yeah! We got hooked.


Rebel Yell!


UPDATE (2/18/2009): I've now played - Guitar Hero: World Tour, Guitar Hero: Legends of Rock, Rock Band, and Rock Band 2. I have to say that Guitar Hero tops Rock Band easily. Guitar Hero has better songs and is more fun to play - I guess at the core, that's what counts for these games.

No comments:

Post a Comment