Thursday, December 28, 2006

Birthday Celebration

For the past few years, I haven't celebrated my birthday with the traditional style i.e. invite friends over, bog-tsi or nom-i, or go someplace else and celebrate there, or even have a small handa at home. I've been too tired to celebrate. Maybe the better way to describe it is I just didn't care. I was okay, I mean I didn't have the need to feel special and I didn't have the need to have friends over in honor of me. Probably having a birth date close to Christmas will do this to you. Anyway, so my wife and I had this idea. Why don't I celebrate this year, and make it a band jamming, magic-singing, gran-matadoring, arkan-meloning, poker-bluffing birthday celebration? So that's what I did. We set up a makeshift studio in the garage. (Thanks to: Warner Montezon for the drums, Andrei Coronel for the cymbals/percussion, Robert Roque for the lead guitar and amp, and Kerrots for the rhythm guitar and amp. Of course, I still played with my trusty red Vantage bass.) I jammed with my current band Andrei Coronel and Robert Roque, as well as former bandmates, Jay Castelo and Warner Montezon. As usual, it was hard to get a nice tune going but, man, it was fun. Like Bobby says, "Ten years na tayo tumutugtog, kung ano yung tinutugtog natin noon, yun pa rin ngayon!" But it was fun, let me tell you that. Yun naman ang essence ng Robert Band eh.. We don't care, basta enjoy!
Anyway, aside from the karaokes and the poker games, my wife, Mae Dei also had a surprise for me. She had a stripper do an all-the-way dance for everyone and a special lap dance for me! Thank you, Med! See the inlay picture on the left? That's the 18-year old (I think) stripper who was baring it all for everyone. Also, you can see at the back, Andrei lighting up a cigarette and his girlfriend, Michelle, on his left, who by the way had this as her first experience seeing a live stripper doing what strippers ahem do. Congratulations, Icelle.
Anyway, so everyone had a good time. I appreciated everything that everyone has done for me. These things made me think, "Next year kaya ulit? Jamming, Magic Sing, Poker, Stripper, Billiards, PS3, Lan Party...?" I was about to rethink my whole stance on the birthday thing. Then suddenly it dawned on me, "Okay lang, kahit hindi..."
Back to my old self again.




***By popular demand. More birthday celebration pics. Langya.
***Warning!! Nudity!!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

3 comments:

  1. hahaha... nagsusulat pala kau ng blog ha?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so happy in there. I wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p250/chellicious11/robertfilipdreisuperband/?action=view&current=filipsbirthday2.flv

    ReplyDelete