Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Fantasy NBA

I was enjoying my #1 Rank in the Philippines' most important NBA Fantasy League, the Solar Entertainment NBA Fantasy League. At first, I thought a got a weak roster, but as the season started, I started winning and winning. Now at Week 9, i'm at a 70% win-loss percentage. Remember, this is a 20-team, awfully deep league, this is a nationwide competition, stars are hard to come by, even non-productive starters are somewhat a rare commodity. But I managed to assemble a somewhat competitive roster: Michael Redd, Yao Ming, Luol Deng, Emeka Okafor, Andrew Bogut, Brevin Knight, Damon Stoudamire, Derek Fisher, Ime Udoka, Jamal Magloire, Johan Petro, and Michael Pietrus. Everything appeared to be fine, and then this happened: See inlay picture. Pfft. Tough luck. He was my solid guy. A player that contributes in almost 10 categories! I got Zeke/Magloire/Petro as rotation players to fill in, but still the 20 and 10+ points and rebounds (+blocks, assists, and awesome percentages) will surely be missed. Oh well, you can't enjoy too much being on top.
Life, after all, gives you trials like these. You can be at the top of the world one day, down on your luck the next. Sometimes, even things that you don't have control over can bring you down. Best you can be is be prepared and always stay positive and ahead of the game. Just like the professor of that school for gifted children said: "Always hope for the best; but be ready for the worst."

2 comments:

  1. > You can be at the top

    Of course, I knew it.. its always about sex.. di ka pa rin nagbago.. pati basketball me meanings.. hyukyukyuk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double meanings? Ungas, straightforward yon.. Hehe

    ReplyDelete